The SVAS Observer is the official newsletter of the Sacramento Valley Astronomical Society.
You can find information on upcoming club activities, special events, and articles related to astronomy in general. The SVAS Observer newsletter is published every other month beginning January. A link to the complete archive of SVAS newsletters can be found at the bottom of this page.
Articles: Except for individually copyrighted stories, permission is granted to other amateur astronomy organizations to reproduce in whole or in part for internal non-profit use, provided credit is given to the SVAS Observer and to authors of the reproduced materials.
Submit articles: Manuscripts and letters from members are welcome via email in Word (preferred) or text format. Items may be emailed to the editor at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write “SVAS Observer” in the title of your email.
Deadline for the following month’s newsletter is always the 22nd of the month.
Advertising— Commercial, non-personal advertising, business card through full page, is available. Contact editor for more information. Classified advertising is free to members of the SVAS. Submit ads to editor.
Copyrighted material appears in this publication solely for non-profit educational and research purposes, in accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107.
- November/December 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012: Special Star-B-Que Edition
- July/August 2012
- January/February 2012
- November/ December
- July/Aug 2010
- May/June 2010
- March/April 2010
- January/February 2010
- November/December 2009
- September/October 2009
- July/August 2009
- May/June 2009
- March/April 2009
- January/February 2009
E-Observer Articles: 2011
- Meridian: The Veil of the Swan
- Professor Scope: Focusing for Astro-Imaging Using Masks
- NASA Space Place: Finding Planets Among the Stars
E-Observer Articles: 2010
- Work Party at HGO
- President’s Perspective: My First Time
- Meridian: M22
- ATM Boot Camp Part 4 of 4
- NASA Space Place: Black Holes No Joke
- Bigger Than Earth Day?
- Community Star Parties
- Meridian: M81 & M82
- ATM Boot Camp
- Art & Science of Designing a Dob (Subtitle: Am I doing this right??)
- HGO Still Snowed In
- NASA Space Place: A Rock Hound Is Born
- SVAS Annual Meeting & Awards
- Election Results
- The Discovery and Rediscovery of Comet Machholz
- President’s Perspective
- Bino Voyage- Urban Astronomy
- Meridian: Beehive Cluster
- ATM Boot Camp: Build your own Dob
- ATM Boot Camp Challenge
- NASA Space Place: Deadly Planets
- In Memory of an SVAS Legend: Christophe Hulbe (1930-2010)
- E-Observer Update
- SVAS Election Time
- It is Time: Candidate Statement by Gallagher/Williams
- We Get It. And We Always Have.: Candidate Statement by Gorman/Heiges
- NASA Space Place: Flipping the Lights on Cosmic Darkness
- LCROSS Mission
- President’s Perspective
- New Planets
- Community Star Party Season Opens!
- What’s Up At HGO?
- >SVAS Election News
- Things Are Looking Up
- Help Wanted!
- NASA Space Place: Building the Case Against Ozone